Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Ugh crazy night at work

  1. #1
    Inactive Member wrxgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    876
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am sooo glad I am home... last night we had a crazy night! We sent 4 patients to surgery.. those of you that are nurses know how much paperwork and prepping that is involved.. on top of that I had to call the surgeon on one lady because she was not doing well at all, and the surgeon came in and we had to race her to surgery while hanging blood, etc... because she was internally bleeding.... we had confused patients climbing out of bed with their catheter and iv tubing either apart or stretched from the bed to the doorway, we had Iv meds like crazy, people puking, peoples equipment not working right, people with low blood pressues needing fluid boluses, aak! The joys of being a nurse!
    :/
    With that, Im going to bed!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member kbrzez's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2006
    Posts
    260
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Been there!! We had quite a few drunk patients yesterday. I get out of work around midnight. I was ready to walk out and never be a nurse yesterday, but I hung in there and all ended well. I hope you got a good night sleep. I am off to work again to do it all over-hopefully a better day though!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2002
    Posts
    781
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Welcome home, wrx-gal! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

    Sleep well. [img]graemlins/sleepy.gif[/img]

    Joy [img]smile.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member lorak79's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2005
    Posts
    103
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I hate those nights!! Hope you have a few nights off to recover... I'm on tonight and tomorrow, hopefully things at my hospital are not as exciting. Rest well, and good job for holding things together when it all went crazy. Not sure everyone realizes how difficult nursing can really be when EVERYTHING insists on going wrong at the same time. Strange how it usually happens all at once like that too. Sleep well. [img]graemlins/moon.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •